Monday, May 2, 2011

The First Two Miles

The past few days have been pretty hectic. I started my running and just did a light two mile run down International Drive. Worst. Mistake. Ever. For one, I realize that people don't look out for pedestrians on International Drive. Secondly, nor do they use turn signals. My boyfriend suggested I just make a right and head down to another major road and then make a turn around. I just mapquest-ed it, and it's about 1.55 mile each way, giving me a nice 5K (3.1 mile) distance.

I'm just apprehensive about running on roads without sidewalks. I tend to be clumsy, and I wouldn't want to hurt myself a few miles away from home. Thank goodness for technology. I'd at least have my iPhone to call people with - that is, if it's not dying.

247 days until race day.


1 comment: