Wednesday, April 27, 2011

252 Days and Counting

The other day, I registered for the 2012 Disney World Marathon. Yes, marathon. I don't know what I was thinking...

definition of marathon (dictionary.com)

noun
  1. a foot race over a course measuring 26 mi. 385 yards (42 km 195 meters).
  2. any long-distance race.
  3. any contest, event or the like, of great, or greater than normal, length or duration or requiring exceptional endurance: a dance marathon; a sales marathon.
Now that I've gotten through the definition, I'd like to point out that the longest race I've run and completed has been a half marathon, so just half of that distance. I am probably going to read up on a training program at the library, and I've got to stick closely to a runner's diet. Unfortunately, as soon as I was going to start my training, I got hit with a severe cold, which is delaying my running start. I'm trying to do some light workouts while my body is still in recovery.

I started running because I thought it would be a good hobby to do with my boyfriend who is an ex-cross country runner, and I heard that running was a great workout. My friend began training for the Miami ING Half-Marathon in 2009, and I soon signed up for the 2010 Wine and Dine Half Marathon, which I plan to run again. Now, it's just me running by myself. Apparently, my boyfriend's knees aren't what they used to be because of injuries over the years in soccer.

My goal is to finish. I know some people imagine winning marathons and half marathons. I'd like to finish. With that mentality, I'm going to lace up my shoes and push forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment