Thursday, April 28, 2011

I LOVE Inspiration Mail

As many of you know, working out and running is all mental. Gold's Gym had a quote on the door: "The hardest part is getting there." I actually enjoy working out at the gym, but unfortunately, I'm not going to be here so long, so I won't sign up for a gym membership until I move in August.

The best part of blogging/social networking is having someone notice that you're doing something big. I haven't been blogging a while, but I have been trying to keep track of my races and running on Facebook. Well, I didn't think anyone really noticed, but today I opened up my Facebook messages to get this awesome note from a friend:

hey vanessa, long time no talk! this is going to sound ridiculously cheesy, but i think it's really great (and sooo inspirational) that you are doing the disney marathon. i noticed on facebook all the running you did last year and i decided that my new years resolution for this year would be to start running too. another one of my friends attempted the half marathon at the beginning of january and unfortunately was unable to keep up with the time requirements and was pulled from the race. so i made it my goal to help her and be able to finish the half marathon in january 2012.

ANYWAY what that long drawn out pointless story was attempting to say is that i know you'll be able to do it! you have really motivated me to run. i just wanted you to know that
:):)


my friend and i are doing the wine and dine half marathon relay race because she's still embarrassed about being pulled from the half marathon. but hopefully i'll see you that weekend! and hopefully i'll be able to reach my half marathon goal in january. but i am so jealous of your drive and motivation, and again, i know all the hard work will pay off for you

The great part of running is having friends to run with. A lot of my friends don't run, which is a downside for me. So when the going gets tough, I like to think of Finding Nemo.


"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming. Swimming, swimming." - Dory

Anyway, the next time a friend is training for a goal, do them a favor and show them that you support them. Who knows? You just might make their day! (;

No comments:

Post a Comment