Tuesday, October 4, 2011

93 days: Guilt-Free Eating & Countdown to 2012 Disney World Marathon


I officially bought the sticker to clip to my monthly schedule to remind myself of what I'm shooting for. (I feel bad for Joe when he drives it. Two hot pink stickers stuck to my car and sorority letters.)

The morning after my race, Joe went to Magic Kingdom & bought me a cupcake and fudge since Disney World was celebrating its 40th anniversary. I, on the other hand, was starving, and all I could think about was the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot. We made it around the world - stopping in most of the countries to try something new. I think Canada is still my favorite with its cheese soup, sausage, and Moosehead.

My parents came into town the day that evening to celebrate with me, and of course, we went to my favorite sushi buffet. After being sufficiently stuffed beyond caring, I realized that I was a little more than three months away from my next race. This time I'd like to cut down my time a little bit more, which will require a new means of training.

I'm no running guru.

But I like sharing my experiences with other people, and hopefully, they won't make the same mistakes I did. One thing I did notice was that people were trying new protein bars, water belts / running belts, and shoes on the day of the race. They would talk about it with their friends, and I'd look at them with pity. Not a good idea at all. Train the way you want to run - in all aspects. I ran with the same clothes I had been wearing. The only thing different was the treadmill - I didn't have it. So my advice to you: Don't try anything new on the day of the race. You don't want to risk not finishing because your feet hurt from the brand new shoes or your body reacts badly to the new protein bar you just HAD to try.

This weekend's goals:
- Get new running shoes.
- Find a marathon training guide.
- Get running.


No comments:

Post a Comment