Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Big Push

Hey everyone. I'm writing this from the library on a late night research session, so I'll make it quick. My training hasn't started, and I think it's because I'm so focused on school. I'd really love it if I could get an extra five hours into my day, but I doubt that will ever happen.

On the plus side: Last Thursday, I played soccer with some classmates, and I was able to run faster than I did in high school, and my endurance was up. After two hours of soccer, I was still able to jog. I'm glad everyone enjoyed it enough to make it a weekly event.

On that note: I know Joe has told me that I should "tell him when I actually start training." I told myself that this is the week, which explains why I'm in the library so late so I can get ahead of work for the week & get a nice running start. The downside is that the shoes that I bought still aren't broken in, so running is a lot more painful because of the shoe. A friend recommended that I use my old running shoes for longer runs and the newer shoes on shorter runs. Definitely going to try this out. Makes sense though, doesn't it?

Hope you guys get off to a great start this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment