Friday, October 7, 2011

What Did I Get Myself Into?

So I found this lovely gem on the internet. I never looked at how long twenty six miles was... Evidently, it takes you all around the Walt Disney World property. And this got me thinking... what did I get myself into?

In order to get myself in motion for the upcoming race, I bought new shoes to train in. So I present to you, my brand new Saucony Mirages.


I am so very excited to have both of these brand new things. They're new motivation for me to keep on running. I also got a brand new Vera Bradley backpack in java blue. My poor North Face backpack is looking a little bit worn after almost three and a half years of being used. Amazingly enough, the shoes were very affordable - I got them at an outlet in Orlando.

When I got back to my house, I got presents! My window decal came, so it's hanging up in my room to motivate me. I'm right around the 90 day period for my marathon, and I feel really good about this.

My training plan: I found this marathon training guide thanks to Runners World. I'm planning on starting more than mid-way through. It's designed for beginner runners, who rarely run more than six miles. I think I'm a bit beyond that, so I think this will also help increase my time by a little bit.

This week's workout should ideally be:

Monday: Up to one hour (XT)
Tuesday: Quality 7-8 miles
Wednesday: Easy 4-5 miles
Thursday: Tempo 6-7 miles
Frida
y: Rest!
Saturday: Easy 10-11 miles
Sunday: Easy
3-4 miles

I'm integrating weights into my Monday workouts (specifically). My maximum mileage for the week is 35 miles, so I hope I can break in my new shoes shortly. I don't care much for blisters. Last but not least:

I'm so very excited to see my Kappa Kappa Gamma sisters in February!

No comments:

Post a Comment